Lesson 1 Configure your device
In this lesson, you configure your Linkit 7688 device with an operating system, set up your development environment, and deploy an application to Linkit 7688.
There are three parts:
A: What will you need
B: Set up your Linkit 7688(Duo) connect the network
Part A: What will you need & Getting start
- What will your need
- LinkIt 7688 (Duo)
- Power Supply :
- The LinkIt 7688 is powered by a USB Micro power supply with at least 1A at 5V.
- Wi-Fi AP
- Power on your LinkIt 7688(Duo)
Power (PWR) connector, not the USB host (HOST) connector near the MPU reset button. The green ON LED (Power on) will light up, followed by a blink from the orange Wi-Fi LED (bootloader initialization). After about 5 seconds, the device boot up starts and the orange LED will light up solid for about 30 seconds.
Part B: Connect your LinkIt 7688(Duo) to the network
- Turn on the AP mode
- After boot up, the Wi-Fi LED will turns off. This means the system is ready to accept a Wi-Fi connection.
- If not, press the Wi-Fi Reset button for at least 5 seconds and release to turn on the AP mode.
- Consult the below image for the Wi-Fi LED Status and System Status. (image source : Media Tek Lab)
image source : Mediatek Lab
Go to your Wi-Fi settings and choose “LinkIt_Smart_7688_XXXXXXX”. (where “XXXXXXX” is the MAC address of your LinkIt 7688 (Duo)).
- Once you join the LinkIt Smart Network, open “http://mylinkit.local” or “http://192.168.100.1” in your web browser
- In the log in page, set a password (or enter a previously-set up password)
- The default username is root
- After logging in, go to the “Network” tab and select “Station Mode” to set up the Wi-Fi AP you will connect to. Your PC and LinkIt must be on the same network. Click “CONFIGURE & RESTART”.
- Change your PC network to the same as the LinkIt network.
- For further information on setting up a LinkIt 7688(Duo) setup guide, visit:
- In next lesson will install QIoT Suite and connect to NAS by sample code.Lesson 2 Install QIoT Suite Lite.