In this lesson, you provision your QNAP QIoT Suite Lite software and create your device in QIoT Suite Lite. There are four parts as follows:
A: Install QIoT Suite Lite
B: Import a new sample application
C: Install sample code on Intel Edison
D: Run sample code on Intel Edison and connect to QIoT
A Install QIoT Suite Lite
- Go to QNAP App Center and download QIoT Suite Lite software
- Launch and log in QIoT Suite Lite software. Use NAS admin and password to login.
B Import a new sample application
- Download the sample application file: iot_inbox.json.
- Import the application file in the IoT Application Panel.
- Click the created application: iot_inbox
- Connect a Device by MQTTS
- Download Certificates
- Download resource info file
C Install sample code on Intel Edison
- Open a terminal application on your computer and connect to Intel Edison via ssh.
- Download sample code.
root@Edison:~# git clone https://github.com/blackmesataiwan/Intel-Edison-QIot-Indoor.git
- Upload certificate files and resource info file into Edison.
- Download FileZilla client tool to upload files to Edison with following connection information.
- Host: <the IP address of your Edison>
- Port: 22
- Username: root
- Password: <password defined in setup tools>
- After connecting to your Edison, please upload following files to destination folder.
- Downloaded certificate files -> Edison_side/ssl/
- Downloaded resourceinfo file -> Edison_side/res/
D Run sample code on Intel Edison and connect to QIoT
- On your Intel Edison, open Terminal application.
- Run the sample code which downloaded from Git.
root@Edison:~# cd ./Intel-Edison-QIot-Indoor/Edison_side/
root@Edison:~# npm install
Run in foreground mode:
root@Edison:~# node boot.js
Run in non-stop background mode:
root@Edison:~# sh autostart.sh
- After the scripted executed in a few seconds, your Edison will try to connect to QIoT by MQTTS after clicking the button and the connected message will display in your LCD component.