Lesson 2 Install QIoT Suite Lite
In Lesson 1 you already setup your device. In this lesson, you provision your QNAP QIoT Suite Lite software, and create your first device in QIoT Suite Lite.
There are two parts
A: Install QIoT Suite Lite
B: Create a new IoT application
Part A:Install QIoT Suite Lite
- Go to QNAP App Center and download QIoT Suite Lite sofeware.
- Launch and log in QIoT Suite Lite software. Use Nas admin and password to login.
Part B: Create a new IoT application
IoT Application is a combination of multiple Things, Rule, and Dashboard. We recommend that you first create a “Things” in IoT Application. This IoT Application allows you to keep a record of all of the devices that are connected to your NAS.
The Rule makes it possible to build IoT applications that gather, process, analyze and act on data generated by connected devices based on business rules you define. A rule can apply to data from one or many devices, and it can take one or many actions in parallel.
With Dashboard, you can turn your data processing efforts into analytics and reports that provide real-time insights into your business.
All these elements provide user a complete IoT Application environment.
- Click “IoT Applications” .
- Click “Add IoT Application”.
- In “Create a New IoT application” POP winodow
- Enter IoT Application name, e.g., myApp.
- Rule name and Dashboard name will be generated automatically based on the name of IoT Application you fill in.
- Click “Create” to complete create a new IoT application.
- Click “Add Thing” to add this application’s device.
- After click “Add Thing”,In “Add Thing” pop window:
- Set device’s name (e.g., linkit).
- Select “Thing Category”. QIot Suite Lite now support Arduino Yun,Raspberry Pi,and Edison ,so you can select “Custom” thing category .
- (optional) add attribute to device’s detail information (e.g., its serial number, manufacturer, and more).
- Click “Add” to add the device to complete create a device.
- Click “Thing Resource” button
- In “Thing Resources” pop window,Click “Add Resource”.
- After click “Add Resource”,In “Add Thing Resource” pop window:
- Set resource’s name (e.g., temperature).
- Set resource’s id.Resource id will be used to create a topic in the QIoT broker.This ID should be unique for the device and no duplicates should be allowed for the same device
- And set another optional attribute.
- You can add more resource repeat the preceding steps.Or Click “Close” to complete set a application in QIoT.
- Select “Dashboard” tab , you could see a sample dashboard is created.
- Select “Rule” tab, you could to define the flow or rule about how to process the data sent from the device, and how to present in dashboard.
- In next Lesson ,we will introduce how to use sample code.Lesson 3 Connect your device to QIoT Suite Lite using MQTTS