Lesson 2 Install QIoT Suite Lite
In Lesson 1 you already setup your device. In this lesson, you provision your QNAP QIoT Suite Lite software, and create your first device in QIoT Suite Lite.
There are two parts
A: Install QIoT Suite Lite
B: Create a new IoT application
Part A:Install QIoT Suite Lite
- QIoT Suite Lite can be installed from the App Center.
- Launch and log in to QIoT Suite Lite. The default username and password is “admin”.
Part B: Create a new IoT application
IoT Applications are a combination of Things, Rules, and Dashboards. We recommend that you first create a “Things” in IoT Application. This IoT Application allows you to keep a record of all of the devices that are connected to your NAS.
Rules make it possible to build IoT applications that gather, process, analyze and act on data generated by connected devices. Rules can apply to data from one or many devices, and it can take one or many actions in parallel.
Dashboards turn your data into analytics and reports that provide rela-time insight.
All these elements provide user a complete IoT Application environment.
- Click “IoT Applications” .
- Click “Add IoT Application”.
- In “Create a New IoT application”:
- Enter the IoT Application name (for example: “myApp”).
- The Rule name and Dashboard name will be automatically generated based on the IoT Application name.
- Click “Create“.
- Click “+ Add Thing” to add this application’s device.
- Click “Add Thing”, In “Add Thing”:
- Enter a name for your device name (for example: “linkit”) and enter the device information (such as serial number and manufacturer) in Add attribute.
- If your device is already supported by QIoT (Arduino Yun,Raspberry Pi, Edison, and LinkIt 7688 (Duo)), choose a pre-defined Thing Type.
- Click Add.
- Click “Thing Resource”:
- In “Thing Resources”, click “Add Resource”:
- In “Add Thing Resource”:
- Enter the name and ID for the sensor in Resource Name and Resource ID. Please note that the Resource ID will be used to create a Topic in the QIoT Broker. This ID should be unique for the device and no duplicates should be allowed for the same device.
- If you need to add more resources repeat the preceding steps. Click “Close” when finished.
- Go to the “Dashboard” tab, and a sample dashboard will be created
- Go to the Rule tab to define the flow or rules on how to process the data sent from the device, and how to present in a dashboard.
- In next Lesson ,we will introduce how to use sample code.Lesson 3 Connect your device to QIoT Suite Lite using MQTTS