In this tutorial, you will learn how to setup AWS Greengrass on QNAP NAS.
Install AWS Greengrass
Go to the QTS App Center, find “AWS Greengrass”, and click “install”.
Configuring AWS Greengrass on AWS IoT cloud
- To configure AWS Greengrass on AWS IoT, refer to : https://docs.aws.amazon.com/greengrass/latest/developerguide/gg-config.html (*You do not need to download the “Greengrass Core software”, as it is included in the AWS Greengrass app)
- Download AWS IoT root CA and rename it “root.ca.pem”
Upload Greengrass Core CA, Cert and Key to AWS Greengrass Core application
- Open AWS Greengrass on your QNAP NAS.
- In “Greengrass settings file“, choose “xxxxxx-setup.tar.gz” and click “Upload”.
- In “AWS IoT root CA” choose “root.ca.pem“, and click “Upload”.
- Click “Start”.
- Go to “Status”. The status should display “Greengrass successfully started”.
Test function 1. Create two Devices (one is a Publisher and the other one is a Subscriber)
- Follow the steps of “Module 4: Interacting with Devices in an AWS Greengrass Group”, on the following page: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/greengrass/latest/developerguide/module4.html
* If the following message is displayed, the sample code is trying to connect through all the configured IP addresses on Greengrass Core
* If the following message is displayed, you may have entered the wrong command or certificate
Test function 2. AWS Lambda running on Greengrass Core
- Follow the steps of “Module 3 (Part 1 & Part 2) AWS Lambda on AWS Greengrass”, on the following pages: